The most important shot in golf is the next one.
About Jey – PGA Instructor, Professional Golf Lessons in San Diego
Jey Bacani’s career in the golf industry started in 1996 at Stadium Golf Center. In 2004, he moved into the position of Golf Shop manager at StoneRidge Country Club. Moving on from there, he became the First Assistant at The Country Club of Soboba Springs. Then in 2007, he accepted a position at The Santa Luz Club as the First Assistant. In 2008, he made a decision of following his passion of becoming a full time golf instructor at the Hodges Golf Improvement Center. He has been teaching golf for over 20 years and teaches all ages, genders, and skill levels.
Jey has spent his younger years playing all different sports; baseball, football, basketball, soccer, tennis, volleyball and of course golf. He didn’t just play them as a child, he played all of them into his teen years and early adulthood at a high level of competition. His experiences in participating in all these sports allowed him to really understand the movements and motions of the body to achieve consistent and reliable results in a person’s golf swing. For most of us, golf is a sport picked up later in life and most of us have played other sports before golf. Jey uses your past experiences in other sports as a foundation for your golf swing. He uses the motions that are natural to you and use them as examples on how you can relate them to your golf swing.
We all have a desired ball flight that we strive for. This cannot be achieved without proper “ball contact”. Jey understands that not everyone will swing the same way, but everyone should make the same proper contact when striking the golf ball. If you don’t achieve proper contact, then direction and distance doesn’t matter. He will help you understand your own personal ball flight as well as teach you how to organize and simplify your thoughts before, during, and after your swing. Of course, we won’t forget your short game, bunker play, putting, and mental game. Jey will teach you helpful methods and techniques to bring your scores to the next level.
Jey implements the use of Foresight Sports GC Quad, the most advanced launch monitor technology to help his students get the most out of their lessons. The GC Quad can collect numerous amounts of ball data and club data. Including carry distance, spin rate, smash factor, degrees off line, trajectory, location of club face impact, and much more.
Let Jey Bacani help you with your journey to a better golf game.
- Jacque Jones Sr., Ex-MLB baseball player and current Assistant Hitting Coach for the Washington Nationals
- Daniel Brainard, Poway HS, UC Riverside men’s golf team member
- Calista Reyes, Rancho Bernardo HS, Stanford University women’s golf team memeber
- Annie McCutchan, Torrey Pines HS, Lewis & Clark College women’s golf team member
- Nastasia Kossacky, Del Norte HS, UNLV women’s golf team member
- Andrew Archer, Poway HS, Chico State University
- Steve Wagner, Co-owner and master brewer of Stone Brewing Company
- Mason Schultz, Poway HS, Boise State University men’s golf team member
- Christina Leung, Westview HS, Pitzer College
- Peter Leung, Westview HS, Pitzer College
- Troy Randle, Poway HS
- Kyle Visselli, Mission Hills HS
- Augie Martiarena, Co-owner of San Diego Paella
- Robert Maldonado, Owner of Anjeos Bar and Grill & Robert’s Jalepenos
- Howon Choo, UC Santa Barbara
- Spencer Figuracion, Rancho Bernardo HS, Concordia University Ann Arbor, Michigan men’s golf team member
- Matthew Tan, Cal State San Marcos
- Bailey Gansert, Rancho Bernardo HS
- Rohin Awasthi, Westview HS
- Nick Maldonado, San Pasqual HS
- PGA member since 2007
- Director of Instruction at the Hodges Golf Improvement Center in Escondido
- Owner/Operator of Junior Sticks Golf Academy
- PGA Junior Legague Golf All-Star Captain 2017, 2018
- PGA Junior League Golf Captain 2018, 2019 Junior Sticks Golf Academy
- PGA Junior League Golf Captain 2017 San Diego/Oceanside League Champions
- Candidate for Apprentice of the Year in 2004; San Diego PGA Chapter
- Candidate for Apprentice of the Year in 2007; Inland Empire PGA Chapter
- Candidate for Golf Instructor of the Year in 2018, San Diego PGA Chapter